Friday, May 13

having your cake and eating it too!

I have a confession. I am obsessed with everything in glass jars. Our milk is in glass jars (ok, jugs), I made cute jams in glass jars, I decorate with glass jars, and now.....

DID YOU KNOW?!?!?!?

That you can bake cupcakes in glass jars!?

Well you can, and they are the CUTEST things, if I do say so myself.


~~~~~~~~~~~~Lets begin!~~~~~~~~~~~~

First you need to bake a cake. You can make one from scratch if you like, or if you are anything like me, a Duncan Hines will work every time. (Hey! I am NO Paula Deen!)

I just threw everything in the mixer and 1 minute later the batter was ready. Oh, and I chose lemon because it was a Sunday night and that was all that was in the pantry.



Next you'll want to take your empty glass jars, spray the inside with a little pit of PAM, and fill them about 1/4th of the way full with batter. DO NOT OVER FILL! You will be sorry. You can use ANY KIND of jars! I used sterilized baby food jars. I had tons and for some reason have an obsession with things that are small and cute. Dont worry, They had been scrubbed with GOO GONE to get the glue from the label off, hand washed, boiled, AND put through the dishwasher! They are clean, I swear it!


To make them stay put so they don't totter on my oven rack, I just sat them in a muffin tin.



Next, just put them in the oven! The box said 350 degrees but I was nervous they might break so I cooked them at 335, just to be safe. They worked great! Don't believe me?! Here they are baking away into cute little tastynesses (?)

After about 15 minutes, they were done (use a toothpick to make sure)

how cute!

Finally, add your frosting (cream cheese please!), and whatever else you like. Sprinkles, nuts, etc. I used chocolate chips. Then add a cute little fabric top so boys wont puke when they see Gerber on the lid.

These look like paper towels but they were white fabric squares that i just hot glued and pinched around the lids. Next time I would like to make them a lot cute by using different fabric and maybe sew a stretchy elastic in so the lids are easier to reuse but if i wasnt up til 1am making them, I might've attempted it.

Here they are in all they're glory!

they are super cheap to make especially if you reuse jars you already have! Plus they transport a lot easier than regular cupcakes and are MUCH cuter, don't ya think?!

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment